Neither of those urls are passing through you apache, unless you have it configured to run on port 8080 (which is usually the Tomcat port). Not sure if you can configure Tomcat to use SSL directly, but I do know that just sticking an 'https' in front of it won't work. You need to set up apache so it deals with the http/https side of things and configure a connector (the thing that allows apache to forward requests to Tomcat's AJP13 port).

/kurt

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Greetings,
I'm running Tomcat primarily as a Servlet/JSP container behind Apache so I have
configure the primary web server to handle the SSL connections from users. So if
my apache box will negotiate all SSL-related functionality what do I have to do
in tomcat to get it to work?

If you go to http://placeanad.classifiedmarketplace.net:8080/AdWebster works
But https://placeanad.classifiedmarketplace.net:8080/AdWebster does not work

Thanks,
Bobbie

Bobbie Atristain Internet Systems Administrator Media General, INC. 804.649.6156