From: Stuart Stephen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 August 2003 10:26
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Getting mod_jk2 to run with Tomcat 4.1.27 and Apache 2.0.47

Hi all,

For your reference, I have now found out what the problem was.

I checked out more information about what the apxs is and found out that its
effectively a compiler of some sort. So I went to my $APACHEHOME/bin/
directory and ran it 'apxs'.

I got the message:

Can't exec "/usr/bin/apr-config": No such file or directory at
/usr/sbin/apxs line 87.
Use of uninitialised value in scalar chomp at /usr/sbin/apxs line 92.

.. the rest of the help ..

So, I did a 'find / -name apr-config' and located it in my $APACHEHOME/bin/
directory, copied it from there to /usr/bin/ using 'cp
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apr-config /usr/bin/'

Then I went back to the compile process, ran that. This all went swimmingly
as usual. Then I ran 'libtool --finish /usr/local/apache2/modules/' and the
files appeared in the correct place.

I can only assume that something I installed, did not install properly?

Thanks for the help everyone. I hope this comes of use to someone else too.

Stuart