I am working on a program that checks the file download progress and audits the results. I have noticed with netscape browsers, that if a user starts downloading a file, and the "Save As" window comes up, there is a small amount ~200K worth of data that gets written to the browser.

Is there a way to prevent this? Because if the file is small, less than 100K, I do not know if the user actually downloaded the entire file, or if they just cancelled the download.

thanks in advance