Hi gang,

I have developed one file transfer(means file
uploading) application for that I have used
swing,servlet and Tomcat4.1.24.Now my problem is the
speed. The speed of manual copy and paste of file on
hard disk of remote computer is faster than my
application.I want to increase the speed of file
transfer.Networking is done through 2MBPS dedicated
ISDN lease line.Any help will be highly appreciated.

I want some suggestion about below factors:

1.Iam sending file to server as block wise of 1024
bytes and my servlet also writes file in remote
destination folder as a block wise of 1024 bytes.If I
increase the block size then is it increase the speed
?

2. I have used DataOutputStream for writing on
outputstream and InputStream for reading,if I used
BufferWriter and BufferReader then is it increase the
speed ?

3.Is there any tuning of tomcat,so that it increase
the speed ?

4.Lastly I have closed all my Input and output stream
object and I have also closed all connection at the
end of file transfer method.

Or is there any other factor for increasing Speed ?

Thanks & Regards
Bikash