Look for the line '<!-- The mapping for the JSP servlet -->' in your default web.xml
and add this underneath:

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

A better solution of course would be to rename the files so that they have a .jsp
extension...

-chris