On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:26, Kwok Peng Tuck wrote:
> Specifically what problems do you have when running the app as a  war
> file  ?

The main problem I think is that Velocity requires files. You supply the
directory, and it accesses them from the filesystem. If you don't unpack
Velocity can't find its files. There is probably a way around this so that
Velocity can use the war directly, however I was hoping to simply migrate
from 4.0 to 4.1, and was hoping it would just be a minor configuration issue
to get it going.

I've read the 4.1 documentation, and from what I can see the specification in
terms of the DefaultContext hasn't changed, although they are definitly
behaving differently. Perhaps its time to look at the code :)