It's not working for a couple reasons, not least of which there is no servlet mapping in ROOT's web.xml file, and no entry for the default Invoker.

Also, you haven't told us how you changed your JK2 properties file to match the new URL, that is, if you did so (you need to).

Sooo...maybe you can repost with a little more detail about what it is that you want to do, what URL you want to use, etc. You might also consider not using Apache and JK2 at all...its not required.

John

Steve Veltman wrote:

I am running Tomcat 4.1.27 with Apache 2.0.47, using the jk2 2.0.43 connector and j2sdk 1.4.2 I connected Tomcat to Apache using the instructions at

http://www.gregoire.org/howto/Apache2_Jk2_TC4.1.x_JSDK1.4.x.html

I can open localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

If I move HelloWorldExample.class into the ROOT contexts WEB-INF folder, I can open it using

localhost:8080/servlet/Hello...

but I cannot open it using

localhost/servlet/Hello...

The Tomcat Root Context section in server.xml has been uncommented, but that hasn't helped.

I NEED this to work, but I really don't know how to get this new Tomcat version to do it. What am I missing? Can anyone point me to documentation where this is covered?