What do you mean by "doesn't work"? What happens? Whats the error message?

John

Shannon Scott wrote:

John,
Thank you much for responding.
That is great news... I though with mod_jk the ssl was all handled by
Apache.
I have set up many virtual hosts... they all work except the https one.
So I thought I needed to redirect those requests to another port with a
connector that includes the:
scheme="https" secure="true"
parameters.

My httpd.conf snip is below. Do you understand why it doesn't work?
What could be wrong?
Thanks again for your kind help.
Shannon

<VirtualHost _default_:443> ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log Alias /ssl /var/tomcat4/webapps/ROOT/ssl

    JkMount /ssl/servlet/* ajp13
    JkMount /ssl/*.jsp ajp13

SSL stuff...
</VirtualHost>

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Turner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 10:26 AM Subject: Re: two ports with apj13

Hi -

AJP13 doesn't "do" SSL.

You set up multiple ports for a Tomcat Connector in server.xml.  Copy
the one that is already there (CoyoteConnector on port 8009) and change
the port number to whatever you want.

Workers.properties:

# BEGIN workers.properties
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
# END workers.properties

A doc that describes setting up more than one worker is here:
http://www.ubeans.com/tomcat/

If you want to use SSL, you set this up in Apache...there is no Tomcat
setup if you are using Apache with a connector.  Communications between
Apache and Tomcat via mod_jk or mod_jk2 are "in the clear", that is,
sans SSL.

John

Shannon Scott wrote:

Hello,

How do I set up my workers.properties so the apj13 protocol can listen

on more than one port?

I want to set it up for 8443 for ssl.

Where is the doc describing hwo to set up the workers.properties?

Apache 1.3.27
mod_jk
Tomcat 4.1.24

Thank You.