Hi all,

On one of our servers, we were running Red Hat Linux 7.3 with Apache
1.3.X, mod_jk, Sun JDK 1.4.1, and many (~150) instances Tomcat of
various flavors.  Everything worked perfectly until we upgraded to Red
Hat 9.  Now, it seems like mod_jk and Tomcat are losing touch until the
Tomcat JVM is restarted.  This happens after maybe a day or so using
both Apache 1.3.X and Apache 2.0.X.

>From what we've observed, it seems to a problem specific to mod_jk.
This is because running Apache 1.3.X or 2.0.X under Red Hat 9 with the
old-skool mod_jserv and ~100 Tomcat instances does not cause a problem
at all.  Also, running either Apache 2 or 1.3 on RH 9 with just a couple
JVM's does not cause a problem either.

I've already tried re-compiling mod_jk on RH9, the same server that's
having the trouble to account for any library change issues.  No dice
I'm afraid.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

        -Fred