Johann Uhrmann wrote:

Hello,

I am writing a single-sign-on filter that uses cookies and

after reviewing my logs, it seems that session objects are being
recycled by the server and the id is set to null while they are
not in use.

Is that correct?
I think so. But in tomcat5 - I think think pooling is not done.

Is there a docu that shows what objects are pooled in Tomcat so application developer can consider the side-effects of pooling?

Not that I know of.

In my case, I held references to session objects and it seems that the id changed over time. That behaviour broke my filter design and was hard to track down.
Since sessions may also passivate to some persistent store such as a file or database or ??? you had a good chance at having problems in the future anyways.

-Tim