Julie Ruiz wrote:

> I have installed Tomcat+SSL.  I need that my aplications be acceded only through a
>secure URL.
> How can I configure the context where are going to be the aplications that accede
>through a secure URL, but can´t be accede by a non secure URL??

For Tomcat+SSL stand-alone, you have a couple of choices:

* If you do not need the non-SSL port for anything else, you
  can disable it by removing the <Connector> element for port 8080
  from your "conf/server.xml" file.

* If you need non-SSL for other webapps and simply want to protect
  this one, you can add a security constraint to your web.xml file:

    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <user-data-constraint>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

In this constraint, the URL pattern of "/*" protects your entire webapp (you could
also require SSL on only part of it, if you wished), while the
CONFIDENTIAL requirement means that SSL is required.

> Julie.

Craig McClanahan