Try passing the jvm the -server option

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Lynch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2003 9:57 AM
To: tomcat
Subject: Memory leaks?

I seemed to have read that java/tomcat isn't supposed to have memory
leaks, but something seems to be running me out of memory and I don't
know what.

After a number of edit/undeploy/compile/deploy iterations I get the
following:

        at
FilterChain.java:269)
        at
ain.java:193)

(Big snip)

ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

I'm running tomcat 4.1.24 on Linux with Apache 1.something.  Java
1.4.1_02.

So where do I start looking for the problem?  If I forget to close
Statements would that cause the problem?

Thanks,
Jim.