I received this from a collegue:

------------------
6.4 Automatic Servlet Reloading

Tomcat 3.2 includes a feature whereby you can ask it to automatically
reload servlet classes (loaded from either the WEB-INF/classes directory
or a JAR file in the WEB-INF/lib directory) that have been changed.  This
feature is experimental, and may not be completely functional.  In
particular,
changes to classes other than the servlet you are requesting do not trigger
class reloads -- you will need to restart Tomcat to reflect changes in those
classes.

Reloading is enabled by including a reloadable="true" attribute on the
<Context> element in the "conf/server.xml" file.  Note that automatic
reload support is not recommended for production applications because of
its experimental nature, and the extra overhead required to perform the
necessary checks on every request.
-------------------

Peer Digital, Inc.
Jeff Crawford