Urm, there is almost nothing in common between setting up Tomcat 3.x and
setting up Tomcat 5.x (except that the name of the 'server.xml' file has
stayed the same ;-).  Almost all of the directories have changed (with the
exceptions of 'conf' and 'webapps'), the syntax of 'server.xml' is
completely different, if you are using app-<context>.xml files the location
has changed as well as the content.

My advice is to go to
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/index.html and re-learn how
to setup Tomcat as though you never knew how to setup Tomcat 3.x.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]