Any JDBC driver for mysql (that works for you) will do.

Amy Cheung wrote:

so what kind of connection is best? using the
J/Connector or the OCBC one?

--- Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Assuming that you aren't using JDBCRealm, then it
should be enough to put
the jar file in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps.  If you are
using JDBCRealm, then
place it in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/common.

Setting the CLASSPATH is evil ;-).

"Amy Cheung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I am using Tomcat 3.3.1 and MySQL 4.0 in Window

XP.

MySQL engine is running. When I run my jsp, it

stated

the error that "import com.mysql.Driver" not

found.

Anyone know how to install the driver properly? I

read

something about setting the class path. But where

set? I don't know much about the MSDOS command and
specify the envirnomental variables in Window XP.

download both the J/Connector & OCBC driver from
MySQL. Where should be the exact location to

store?

Thanks,
Amy Cheung

Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site

design software

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: