I have tomcat version 3.2  and i am trying to use ssl. Firstly i am testing this in a network environment. I don't have my own separate pc and net connection since it is routed through a network. i.e. when i apply for the certificate in cn do i have to specify unique dsn so as to be recognised ?. Two after following the steps and i generated my own self cert i gave cn as test1 and generated key and put the certificate into the key store as under /windows/.keystore, Then i tried to connect to the ssl port by specifiying https://<my ipaddress>:8443/my servlet . I get an error  webserver not found. Why is this. I removed the comment in the server.xml etc. Urgent and i need help. I am breaking my head for the past two days. Please.