The way I have done it (though this might not be the best...) is this:

i) Copied the DBConnectionBroker.class file to
Web-inf/classes/com/javaexchange/dbConnectionBroker

ii) I have an initializing method being called from JspInit() such as
this:
package com.db.regnskab;
import com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.*;

public class IRUtilities {

  public static DbConnectionBroker dbBroker;

  public static void init() {
    try {
      String driver     = "sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver";
      String url                = "jdbc:odbc:dmir";
      String logfile    = "D:\\DAT\\logfiles\\connections\\regnskab.log";
      dbBroker = new DbConnectionBroker(driver, url, "foo", "bar", 50, 100, logfile,
0.01);
    }
    catch(IOException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}

The syntax can be seen in the documentation but essentially this gives me
5 initial connection using the specified odbc-driver. Please note userid
and password are supplied within the class but may just as well be parsed.

iii)When I need a connection I simply use it in my classes such as this:

package com.db.regnskab;
import com.javaexchange.dbConnectionBroker.*;

public class Afstemning {

  public static void arkiverAfstemning() {
    DbConnectionBroker dbBroker = IRUtilities.dbBroker;
    Connection conn = dbBroker.getConnection();
    try {
        /*some sql...*/
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
    finally {
      dbBroker.freeConnection(conn);
    }
}

The answer to your second answer is YES - it is written and distributed under Open
Source License.

/Thomas

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
16-09-03 14:42

        Til:    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:     Thomas Nybro Bolding/THBO/Intranet/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Vedr.:  RE: Vedr.: RE: Connection Pooling in Tomcat 4.0

Hi Thomas,
As you have used DBConnectionBroker, can you tell me
what configuration is required,whatso ever
and the second question i want to ask is if it  is free.

Regards,
Santosh Bhushan
i-flex solutions ltd.
Tel:2086013
"Where there is will there is a way and everything is possible for a
willing heart."