Hi!!!!

I am using tomcat4.0.6 as a standalone server for my servlet -applet based
application.The server initially listens at port 8443(SSL) and after the request, the
servlet throws a jar file and opens up port 4004 for applet-servlet communication.
However, when this port is openend, telnetting to the server on this open port i.e
4004 (which is actaully not included in tomcat's configuartion file but is hardcoded
in the servlet and applet), the tomcat server itself crashes. All the java threads get
terminated automatically.I have to restart tomcat to start things working.What can be
the cause for this??Is there something to be included in the tomcat
configuration??What can be the solution??

Any help will b highly appreciated...

Paridhi
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers