Howdy,

>Is there a best practice for this?  I would like to see all of my app
>config stuff in one XML file......so when I deploy the app between
>(dev --> staging --> production) it goes smoothly without having to
>rewrite any classes.....

This is a common need.  There are many approaches, some more elegant
than others.  You definitely don't want to have environment-specific
settings/properties in source code.  You want them in a configuration
file.

Personally, I like having Ant fill in the property values depending on
the destination environment when deploying my app.  I use the token
filtering features in Ant to do this.  Other people just like to have
different pre-written configuration files per environment, e.g.
myapp-dev.prop, myapp-test.prop.  Yet other people have one big
configuration file with a property naming scheme inside it that makes
the property environment-specific, e.g.
myLogDir.dev=...
myLogDir.test=...
myLogDir.propd=...

And there are many other options as well...

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.