Howdy,

>Signal 11 is a segmentation error (I think), which would be caused by
>attempting to access an invalid memory address.  This in turn might be
>caused by attempting (in native code) to construct an instance of a
Java
>class that the class loader can't find, something like:

This is unnecessarily restrictive, although a possible explanation, as
signal 11 is not just segmentation fault.  HotSpot categorizes many
external/native exceptions as signal 11's.  The most frequent cause for
these errors is a missing or old OS patch, e.g. the threading library.
You must ensure your OS is properly updated.  For example, the Solaris
patches for JDK 1.4.2 are here:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/J2SE

The RedHat patches should be somewhere on the RedHat site.

A second cause for this, though increasingly rare nowadays, is an
improperly compiled JVM.  Then again, if you know enough to build your
own JVM in the first place I don't think you're even reading this
message ;)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.