*** I apologize for sending the previous in RICH text format ***
*** Plain text follows ***

We are testing out Tomcat to host multiple app instances - any feedback
would be greatly appreciated.

To install multiple web apps on W2K - each with its own service/instance:

1) Copy/rename server.xml (webapp1.xml)

   a. config "non-SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector" on open port, say 8081

   b. config "a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector" on open port , say 8581

   c. Add our context-changing DocBase (c:\app1) + Path (/app1)

2) Config worker.properties
   a. add a worker to the list (myapp1)
   b. copy/modify the worker definition (worker + port)
      i. worker.MYAPP1.port=8581
     ii. worker.MYAPP1.host=localhost
    iii. worker.MYAPP1.type=ajp13

3) Config uriworkermap.properties
   a. add mappings to point to the appropriate worker
      (/app1/*.jsp=MYAPP)

4) Use Jakarta ISAPI in IIS - redirects jsp's to tomcat

5) Create Virtual Directory in IIS for each instance

6) Use Cfg utility to create windows services - point service to appropriate
(copy of) server.xml.

End result:

- Multiple server.xml files (renamed: app1, app2, app3...etc)
- Multiple workers in the list
- Multiple definitions in the worker.properties file (all type AJP13)
- Multiple URI path listings
- 1 ISAPI filter
- Multiple VD's in IIS
- Multiple services - each to its own instance

Sites run fine

Questions:

1) Is this the best way to config?
2) Is anything missing?  Any settings?  Timeouts?
3) Does each server.xml file need a unique Server Port?
4) Any suggestions to increase performance in such a config?

Thank you,

Kjell Eriksen