Howdy,

>Where is the Client Deployer in TC5 b12 please?
>
>Having checked the docs, mailing list and beta 12 release code I cannot
>find
>*where* the client deployer is - the docs outline how it works, but not
>where it is or how to use it.

Read the Client Deployer section in the Deployer HOW-TO doc
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/deployer-howto.html

That tells you the class name for the deployer
(org.apache.catalina.ant.ValidatorTask).  That name suggests, and indeed
in practice, that this is an Ant task.  One might expect a jar name like
catalina-ant.jar to contain these classes, and indeed when you download
tomcat 5 there's catalina-ant.jar in $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib.

The above how-to tells you how to use the delpoyer.  As always you can
download the source or look at the javadoc for the relevant classes to
find more technical details.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.