Howdy,
Which log files are you talking about?  Why are they so verbose?
400MB/day is a lot of logging information.

Tomcat rotates the servlet context logs, host logs for your nightly.
You can erase the old ones if you don't need them.  You can redirect
System.out and System.err output to the context logs using the
swallowOutput property of a context definition in server.xml.  That
should cover most of your output.

Of course, if you cared enough to search the archives before posting,
you will have known the above already...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.