In the "Tomcat-Apache HOWTO" distributed with Tomcat 3.2.1, there is
the following in the common questions:

    mod_jk - Apache locks up when requesting a Servlet or JSP
          mod_jk reuses the same port when talking to Tomcat, unlike
          mod_jserv.  You'll need to restart Apache whenever you restart
          Tomcat.

However, I haven't found it necessary (Apache 1.3.12 on Win32).  Is this
information in the HOWTO out of date, or will I get caught out sometime?

--
 `O O'  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/