For some reason changes to a user's password take about a half hour to become
effective. I can query the database using the MySQL
command line client and see the changed password. We use SHA encryption/encoding. I
can also turn on a log message in my login
servlet and see that the encoded value that my login servlet puts in j_password before
redirecting to j_security_check also matches
the value in the database.

Its frustrating to say the least. We could make up a good story of how this is really
a security feature for our customers - but
they'd much rather be able to login quickly after having a password reset.

We are using container managed authentication with our web application, using the
JDBCReal. We use Tomcat 4.1.24 on Solaris 8 with
j2sdk1.4.1_01. We are using MySQL 4.0.12.

Turning up the verbosity level for logging does not seem provide a means for showing
what JDBCReal is getting back from the
database. I've also looked in the JDBCReal.java source - but my hosting provider does
not really want me putting a user-built
version of Tomcat on the machine I'm on.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions/solutions.