Hi!

I got a little problem using form-based login that I hope to get some help
with.

The problem is the following:

When using form-based authentication to get a nice looking login-page I am
forced to use tomcats authentication-methods. This would be nice if I hadn't
an apache infront of the tomcat since now apache doesn't know that the user
has logged in or not and even worse letting request that isn't forwarded to
tomcat (eg .jsp) through for resources that should be protected, resources
that tomcat protectes if the request gets though tomcat.

Is there a way to use form-based authestication and letting apache to know
what resources that should be protected?

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson