Try placing those jars in /common/lib instead

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawence [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 October 2003 16:39
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: JavaMail doesn't work

Dear all,

I installed Tomcat4.1.27 on one win2000 and one winXP. I tried the
SendMailServlet that ships with it. The servlet worked fine on win2000 and
it gave the following message on winXP:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/mail/Message

I guess this is because somehow Tomcat can't find the class. (This is wierd
since I do not have the problem on win2000). So I downloaded the JavaMail
and copied the mail.jar and activation.jar to $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib. But
the problem was still there.

Any suggestions? Thanks!