Howdy,
Do you have the JDK installed on your system?  If so, what version, and
is JAVA_HOME set correctly?

Do you have more than one version of tomcat installed on your system, or
more than one jasper jar in your tomcat installation?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspUtil.makeJavaPackage(JspUtil.java:948)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getDerivedPackageName(JspCompil
atio
>Context.java:403)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getServletPackageName(JspCompil
atio
>Context.java:393)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createOutputDir(JspCompilationC
onte
>t.java:605)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getOutputDir(JspCompilationCont
ext.
>ava:227)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getClassFileName(JspCompilation
Cont
>xt.java:475)
>       at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:514)
>       at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.isOutDated(Compiler.java:484)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.j
ava:
>5
>53)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.j
ava:
>3
>00)
>       at
>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:293
)
>       at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:240)
>       at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>
>So I thought easiet way is to search this archive or/and ask you guys.
Have
>you seen this before? what is it?
>
>thanks
>
>artin