Hi all,

I've been searching the internet for 2 days now and still haven't found a solution for my problem. I am trying to set up a Tomcat 4 server running in HTTPS mode, contacted by a client written in Java. The client is using HTTPClient from apache. I have done everything the document at http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/install/FAQ_Tomcat_SOAP_SSL.html describes. If I disable client authentication in the tomcat config, the client is able to comunicate with the server. If I enable the authentication the client aborts with the following exception:
java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: JVM_recv in socket input stream read

I enabled all possible debugging on the Tomcat server and this is part of what I found in the console:
Thread-10, WRITE: SSL v3.1 Handshake, length = 625
Thread-10, READ: SSL v3.1 Handshake, length = 141
*** Certificate chain
***
Thread-10, SEND SSL v3.1 ALERT: fatal, description = bad_certificate
Thread-10, WRITE: SSL v3.1 Alert, length = 2

The client's certificate cannot be bad. It was signed with the server's key and it's in the server's keystore.

I have no idea what is goin wrong. Can someone tell me how to make this work?

MTIA

regards,

Kenneth