Is there a way for tomcat to give me information on how long it takes to
load a page?

I have a web application upon which I wish to improve it's performance.
Before I can do any attempts at improvement, I need a way to measure its
performance.  One of the ways that I was considering measuring this delta
was to see how long Tomcat takes to load a page.

Can tomcat product this information for me (configuration setting, log
files, etc)?  Or do I need to manually add timestamp information to the top
and bottom of my page templates?

Suggestions appreciated.

JDG

--