I have gotten JNDIRealm to work against iPlanet. I have heard others get it working against:
- Active Directory (I personally had problems due to some IT policies)
- Novell
- OpenLDAP

But in the worst case - the code is open for change so creating a custom Realm should be simple if one understands JNDI programming. Which is what I had to do with respect to ActiveDirectory and wacky business rules vs domain setup.

-Tim

David Diaz wrote:

Reference: http://www.weblogic.com/docs51/admindocs/ldap2.html#intro

 The WebLogic LDAP realm has been tested against the following LDAP servers:
    * OpenLDAP
    * iPlanet Directory Server
    * Microsoft Site Server

I would like to get a similar Tomcat link to show to my boss.