After downloading Apache 1.3.17, and wasting most of
the last few g*d*mn hours trying to get an update of
the Windows MSI installer tool just so I could install
the new apache, I must unfortunately report that for
all I can tell, mod_vhost_alias is still NOT included
with the standard Win32 binary distribution.

The new version does change the name of the modules in
the modules/ folder from the form:
ApacheModuleXXXX.dll to the mod_xxx.so form more
consistent with unix distributions.  Strangely, no one
bothered to update the httpd.conf file that comes with
the distribution to reflect this change.  I also was
left more than a little annoyed by the fact that the
1.3.17 installer automatically installs apache as an
NT service and starts it - without an option for me to
avoid this 'feature'.    Basically, this release could
use some polish.

At any rate, I guess I am left with assumption that
there is no version of mod_vhost_alias available for
the win32 version of apache.  Hopefully someone will
pop-up with a correction to that.

Mel