We are trying to track down some weird intermittent behavior that might
be related to the persistence of sessions by the default StandardManager
in Tomcat.  (We are not using PersistentManager).  Our application is
not completely serializable, and we would like to turn off persistence
completely to test our theory that this is causing the problem we are
seeing.

The question is, how to do that?  It seems that the StandardManager has
no way to do this.

>From the mailing list archives I see that somebody suggested that
perhaps you can enable the PersistentManager, and then set
'saveOnRestart="false"'.  This seems like a round-about way to go about
it, but perhaps it is right.  It looks like this flag only stops the
persistence to disk on restart, but it still tries to deserialize the
sessions on startup, which would cause the exceptions that we think are
the root of our problem.

Has anybody successfully turned off ALL session persistence by Tomcat,
and if so, how?

Jeff Tulley  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(801)861-5322
Novell, Inc., The Leading Provider of Net Business Solutions
http://www.novell.com