From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 9:04 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Set Tomcat to show deprecation warnings

Howdy,
I assume that by "shown" you mean shown in the browser, as opposed to
tomcat's log?  I don't think so.  That's because by default jasper
doesn't compile with deprecation ;)  You could change the jasper source
code to do this.  But you have two other options:

- Take the precompiled .java files for your JSPs from the work
directory, compiled them with javac -deprecation yourself, and look for
the warnings.

- Use JspC to precompile your JSPs, then run them through javac
-deprecation, and look at the warnings.  This can be done completely
offline in Ant.  You can even fail the build if there are any warnings.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.