At 0:47 +0100 2003/10/16, James Snelling wrote:
I am having big problems getting tomcat to start.
[...]
Exception during startup processing
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/ServletResponse

where is your servlet.jar?

And why 4.0.1 when 4.1 is available?
In 4.1 I do not think it needs to be other than in /usr/local/tomcat/common/lib/, in earlier versions it might require to be in /Library/Java/Extensions (but just might).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
   || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/