Hi,

i am new to Tomcat. iam able to run jsp fine but not able to run even HelloWorld
servlet.

I have made following entries to the web.xml file.

 <servlet>
            <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>HelloWorld</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

i have put the Helloworld servlet class under web-inf/classes.

My web context in server.xml file is "wreu"

<Context path="/wreu" docBase="wreu" debug="0"
                  reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

I am accessing the servlet using following
URL:http://127.0.0.1:8080/wreu/servlet/HelloWorld

pls help me out.

thanks

ashish goswami