I have used this method from the command-line to create encrypted
passwords for use in a JDBCRealm protected web application.  I would
like add the ability to create new users on the fly using this same web
application while continuing to use the Digest method to create these
encrypted passwords.  Since this class exists in catalina.jar which is
hidden from web applications, is there a better practice for creating
these passwords?  Or is there a good way to include catalina.jar in the
classpath and make it available to web applications?

Rob Abernethy
Dynamic Edge, Inc.