I've recently updated my HOWTO page for installing web services in Linux.
Like John Turner's the crucial packages are built from source.

The following installs and configuration are described in detail and been
tested in RedHat 7.3 and RedHat 9.

Tomcat 4.1.27
Apache 2.0.47
Mod_JK 1.2.5
Openssl-0.9.7c
Struts 1.1
JDK 1.4.2
Ant 1.5.4
Postgresql 7.3.4
PgAccess 0.98.8

http://daydream.stanford.edu/install_web_services.html

In particular, I'm contemplating creating either a build script, and/or
source RPMS, to install all of these packages in one fell swoop. If enough
people email me with interest for such a thing I will do it.

You can email me off my web page, it's at the top of the page. I'd put it
here, but I try not to expose my email too much.

Cheers,
Oscar