There are two accepted rules for Tomcat development (and Java dev in general). Failure to follow these rules will make your life needlessly more difficult:

(1) Do not install into directories which contain spaces (ie the default location: "C:\Program Files").

(2) Always declare your classes in packages. This is not only good practice, but failure to do so seems to cause very tangible problems.

It is possible to ignore these rules and still make your project work, but there tends to be very little sympathy for those who do not follow these rules. That said, if you *really* need to ignore these rules, perhaps someone who has also had that misfortune can help you out... :)

justin