> Hello folks, this a different kind of matter, i have some web pages
> under a web-server. My pages are displayed with strange characters, an
> encoding problem, this web-server is for public use and i donīt have
> administrator previlegies. Is there a way to make my HTML pages displays
> correctly whatoever is the server encoding?

Do the pages have the correct encoding attribute in them?

In your <head></head> section you should have something like:

Also it can't hurt to set your <html lang> setting to something like:

Of course, this assumes you are using xhtml...

Hope this helps.

[OT] Also check in other browsers.  I created a great looking site in IE
that had extensive use of CSS.  Under both Mozilla and Opera it looked
terrible.

--

Graham Reeds,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://omnieng.co.uk