Hi,

there was a Bugzilla entry for this problem, but I can't seem to find it.

If I remember right, the solution had something to do w/ the version of
log4j used (I think it should work with log4j1.2.6).

HTH,

    Yann

> I successfully configured Tomcat 4.1.24 (using JDK 1.3) for SSL, using
keystore generated by keytool  and used my  webapp over HTTPS.

> However, when I did the same for Tomcat 4.1.27. I'm getting the warning
"Peer not authenticated" when I tries to access the https url using a
browser.

> Also I could access my webapp over HTTPS only twice, but after this, I'm
getting the following error:

> [ERROR] Http11Protocol - -Error reading request, ignored
<org.apache.commons.log
> ging.LogConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationExcep
> tion: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.com
> mons.logging.impl.SimpleLog does not implement
Log>org.apache.commons.logging.Lo
> gConfigurationException:
org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: o
> rg.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.lo
> gging.impl.SimpleLog does not implement Log
>         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactory
> Impl.java:532)
>         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
> Impl.java:272)
>         at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactory
> Impl.java:246)
>         at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:395)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESupport.<init>(JSSESupport.java:8
> 7)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE13Factory.getSSLSupport(JSSE13Fac
> tory.java:84)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSEImplementation.getSSLSupport(JSSE
> Implementation.java:118)
>         at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
> ssConnection(Http11Protocol.java:385)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
> :565)
>         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadP