Christopher Schultz wrote:
All,

The newest version (4.1.29) should be fine. If I recall, however, there
was a problem with Sun's Java Virtual Machine, and RH9, which used an
incompatible threading library.

No, on RH 9, all VMs will actually need the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL env variable (look in the archives for the details on the problems and the workaround).

Is this accurate? I use RH9 with kernel 2.4.20/i686, JDK 1.4.2-b28 without any LD_ASSUME_KERNEL setting (that I know of).

Is this for a specific kernel version or architecture?

The problems are with the HTTP/1.1 connector (it dies after about one day, regardless of the load). Also, there has been a GLIBC update which could have fixed the issue, so if you keep your system fully patched, you could be ok.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat