Since a JSP is converted to java code, the jsp runs in a method called _jspService (or a very similar name as dicated by the spec).

The java language itself has a constraint that no method may be larger than the upper limit you are running into.

[I think jasper generates an out.print() for each "\n" combo instead of combining them. I can't remember...] Anyhoo ... See $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml to turn on mapped files which (I think) moves that static content to another file.

Otherwise, if possible split the file and use jsp:include to include content if possible. It you are using @page include extensively - that would be a problem too since that helps you file to become bloated very quickly.

-Tim

Amarnath Reddy wrote:
BlankHi,

Could anyone shed some light on this problem? I'm using Tomcat 4.1.18.
JASPER is creating lots of lines for out.write statements and giving the
following error. When compared to weblogic, the generated code after
compiling the page is almost 12 times large. The same code works fine in
weblogic.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,