You can set up a scheduled task or install Tomcat as a service.  I'm
pretty sure the Tomcat 3.3 binary on Windows is a service wrapper, so
you can invoke Tomcat.exe and supply the parameters to create a service.
You may need to edit the registry manually to set up classpaths and
other variables your app needs.  Not sure what you mean about Microsoft
and server daemons...I have many Tomcats starting up automatically as
services on many Win2k machines.  Not under IIS, but I think that is
irrelevant, could be wrong.

Andrew Longley
Senior Software Developer
MindFlow Technologies, Inc.