Hi,

    I am facing a problem with jsessionid and I hope u guys can help me.  I have 2
tomcat (4.1.29 version) configurations, one at W2K (for develop) and another at Linux
Red Hat (for production).  The W2K one is working just fine.  But with the Linux one I
always receive the same ID for the jsessionid, no matter how many times I refresh the
page.  Bellow is the JSP scriptlet I am using for test purpose (file "Session.jsp"
saved at webapps\ROOT ):

<%
 out.println("Session ID: " + session);
 out.println("<BR>Date: " + session.getAttribute("date"));
 session.setAttribute("date", new java.util.Date());
 out.println("<br><a href=\"" + response.encodeURL("session.jsp") + "\">Click
here</a>");
%>

  If I test this code from the Linux Tomcat Server (just typing
http://myserver/session.jsp ) jsessionid doesn´t change each time a refresh the
page... And the link doesnt show jsessionid either, as should (notice the "encodeURL")

  The configuration files (server.xml) of Tomcats are the same in both plattaforms.
The only difference is the attribute appbase of the host element ("/var/www/webapps"
at Linux).

  Any clues ?

Thyago

My server.xml:

<Server
 port="8005"
 shutdown="SHUTDOWN"
   debug="0">

 <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

 <Connector
      className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
   port="8080"
       minProcessors="5"
       maxProcessors="75"
       enableLookups="true"