Hi there,

We have a web application(non-J2EE), which interacts with JTS layer that in
turn talks to the Database(SQL). Now this application was earlier hosted in
iPlanet which we now want to shift to Tomcat (Tomcat 4.1.27 with JDK
1.4.2).

What i am confused about is that would it be better to have a web-server
like IIS (as per clients req) interfacing Tomcat or can we do with a
standalone implementation of TOMCAT?? Our userbase would be close to 1600
with upto 300 concurrent users. The static content is not much and the web
interface is almost entirely comprised of JSPs.

I have read the archives available on the net regarding the advantages and
disadvantages of using APACHE and TOMCAT vs TOMCAT-standalone, but still i
wanted to get the information specific to IIS.
Any help is highly appreciated..

Thanks and regards,
Ashish Gadre
Polaris Software Labs
Tel : +91-022-28290019 Extension-1188

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the
intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you
are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment
other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in