Yep, check out the "logs" directory.  There will be a catalina.out file that
captures all stdout and stderr.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gopalakrishnan Govindakrishnan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 8:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat 4.1 -- Newbie Question

Hi:

    I am new to Tomcat and would like some help ...

    1) Does Tomcat write out a log file when I initially start it? I
have installed Tomcat 4.1 under windows 2000 and when I use the start
programs --> Apache Tomcat 4.1 --> Start Tomcat, it opens a command
window, but, it disappears quickly and I am not able to see if there any
errors to resolve it.

Thanks
-- Gopal

G. Gopalakrishnan             | Life is not measured by the
Ext - 76967                   | number of breaths we take,
Phone: (303) - 272 - 6967     | but by the moments that
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | take our breath away.