There is a configuration parameter for the load balancer called
"stickySession", but it should be enabled by default.  You might want to
try setting it and seeing if it makes any difference.  The configuration
options are described at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jk2/jk2/configwebcom.html.

Are you sure the jsessionid cookie is set?

Jonathan