Try an 'apachectl configtest'. With mod_jk2, I don't believe any directives are allowed/permitted in httpd.conf. I was in a similar boat last week, only I'm using Apache 1.3.27. My *understanding* is that you should only Load/Add the module in httpd.conf. The workers2.properties file needs to be in <apache_home>/conf. There is also a jk2.properties file in <tomcat_home>/home that needs similar entries. I've pasted the relevant portions of my config files below for your reference (this is a working config for me at this time):

httpd.conf:

    <VirtualHost qa-wap1:80>
        ServerName qa-wap1
        ServerAlias qa-wap1.sd.mydomain.com
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_error_log
        TransferLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_access_log
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_referer_log referer
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_agent_log agent
        #
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteLogLevel 0
        RewriteRule ^(.*) https://qa-wap1$1 [R=301]
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost qa-wap1:443>
        ServerName qa-wap1
        ServerAlias qa-wap1.sd.mydomain.com
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        DocumentRoot /usr/tomcat/webapps/MyCompany
        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_ssl_error_log
        TransferLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_ssl_access_log
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_ssl_referer_log referer
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd/qa-wap1_ssl_agent_log agent
        DirectoryIndex index.htm
        # SSL Options
        SSLEngine on
        SSLCipherSuite
        ALL:!ADH:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP:+eNULL
        SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/certs/qa-wap1.crt
        SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/certs/qa-wap1.key
        # End SSL Options
    </VirtualHost>

    # Load mod_jk2
    LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
    AddModule mod_jk2.c

workers2.properties:

    #[logger.apache13]
    #level=DEBUG

    [shm]
    file=/var/log/httpd/shm.file
    size=1048576

    [workerEnv:]
    info=Global server options
    timing=1
    debug=0

    [channel.socket:localhost:8009]
    port=8009
    host=127.0.0.1

    # define the worker
    [ajp13:localhost:8009]
    channel=channel.socket.localhost:8009

    # Uri mapping
    [uri:/*.jsp]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    [uri:/*.do]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    [uri:/servlet/*]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

    [uri:/services/*]
    worker=ajp13:localhost:8009

server.xml (snip - this is what correlates to the workers2.properties file for mapping to tomcat):

               port="8009"
         protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
               minProcessors="5"
               maxProcessors="75"
               acceptCount="10"
               debug="0"/>

jk2.properties:

  ## THIS FILE MAY BE OVERRIDEN AT RUNTIME. MAKE SURE TOMCAT IS STOPED
  ## WHEN YOU EDIT THE FILE.
  ## COMMENTS WILL BE _LOST_
  ## DOCUMENTATION OF THE FORMAT IN JkMain javadoc.

    # Set the desired handler list
    # handler.list=apr,request,channelJni
    #
    # Override the default port for the socketChannel
    # channelSocket.port=8019
    # Default:
    # channelUnix.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.socket
    # Just to check if the the config  is working
    # shm.file=${jkHome}/work/jk2.shm

    # In order to enable jni use any channelJni directive
    # channelJni.disabled = 0
    # And one of the following directives:

    # apr.jniModeSo=/opt/apache2/modules/mod_jk2.so
    # If set to inprocess the mod_jk2 will Register natives itself
    # This will enable the starting of the Tomcat from mod_jk2
    # apr.jniModeSo=inprocess

handler.list=request,container,channelSocket

    channelSocket.port=8009
    channelSocket.address=127.0.0.1
    channelSocket.maxPort=port+10

Dionisio Ruiz de Zarate wrote:

Hello.
i am tryinf to cofigure the tomcat 4.1.29 +  apache 2.0.47 into one linux
machine.
for this pourpose i have configure in the apche conf file this:

LoadModule jk2_module /usr/lib/apache2/mod_jk2.so
<Location "/*.jsp">
JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
</Location>

and into the workers2.properties fiel i have this:

[logger.apache2]
level=DEBUG
[shm]
file=/opt/jakarta/tomcat/logs/shm_log.txt
size=1048576
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1
#definir un worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
[uri:192.168.1.254/*.jsp]
worker=ajp13:localhost:8009
[status:status]
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
worker=status:status

i have compile the mod_jk2.so file
but when i try to load one jsp page always it produces the 500 error:

Server error!
El servidor encontro un error interno y fue imposible completar su
solicitud. Existe tambien la posibilidad de que el servidor este
sobrecargado o de algún error en un programa de CGI.
Favor de contactar al webmaster en caso de que usted crea que existe un
error en el servidor.
Error 500
192.168.1.1
Mon Nov 10 22:43:08 2003
Apache/2.0.47 (Linux/SuSE)

must i to configure the apache conf file (httpd.conf) in other form? must i add some thing? must i cahnge the workers2.properties file?

can anybody helpos me?
thanks

-- Andrew Davis, Founder SoCalLinuxSolutions [EMAIL PROTECTED] 760-525-4689

SoCalLinuxSolutions.com
Linux Consultation & Integration Services