From:   Andreas Mohrig [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thursday, November 13, 2003 9:47 AM
To:     'Tomcat Users List'
Subject:        AW: Start Tomcat

Simon,

then this can be remedied. From
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/RUNNING.txt

(5) Troubleshooting:

[...]

2) An "out of environment space" error when running the batch files in
   Win9X/ME-based operating systems.

   Right-click on the STARTUP.BAT and SHUTDOWN.BAT files.  Click on
   "Properties" then on the "Memory" tab.  For the "Initial environment"
field,
   enter in something like 4096.

   After you click apply, Windows will create shortcuts in the directory
with
   which you can use to start and stop the container.

Greetings

Andreas Mohrig